And you have to choose 5 books to keep your sanity intact until help arrives.
It’s something we’ve all thought about at some point, and as much as we’d all love to take a shopping trolley or a truck full of books with us to that lonely spit of land, we can’t. Them’s the rules.
My survival books, the ones I’d stash in a bag if there was a zombie outbreak or a fire was tearing through my neighbourhood, would have to be:
- The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
- A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
- The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Okay, that was surprisingly harder than I thought it would be. I wanted to pick books I loved, but books that were large and would take me a while to get through. I wanted to pick every Harry Potter book, but couldn’t. That’s cheating, in my eyes. Here’s some books that other people picked.
So, what would you choose?